This role plays an integral part in the coordination of project activities to meet the specific needs of Datactics’ customers, as well as to support the smooth running of internal projects.
We are a fast-growing Belfast-based tech company, providing data quality and matching software to a growing number of international banks and to Government departments. Our software is sophisticated yet easy to use, and this is our key difference to the rest of the market: empowering business users to self-serve for data quality. We want to make it possible for banks and governments to have perfect data, fast, and without the nasty side-effects of chronic Excel addiction!
We identify our niche market as RegTech, the regulatory compliance side of Fintech, technology designed for and applied to the financial sector. Our expert engineering, development and commercial teams have many years of combined industry experience and, in response to customer demand and company growth, we are actively recruiting a Junior Project Manager to join us on our adventure.
Whether you are someone keen to start a new career in project management or someone who currently works in a project team and would like more responsibility this role could be for you.
The Role: Junior Project Manager
As part of the project management office (PMO), supporting Senior Project Managers, this role plays an integral part in the coordination of project activities to meet the specific needs of Datactics’ customers, as well as to support the smooth running of internal projects.
More specifically these tasks include:
- Engage and develop working relationships with internal and external stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Be the main point of contact and proactively support multiple teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Be able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Liaise with clients and other teams to collect and collate information from multiple workstreams, both internally and externally
- Support the finance team and commercial teams in project related activities
- Monitor project progress by creating and maintaining project documentation
- Prepare and circulate reports to interdisciplinary teams and senior management, both internally and externally
- Identify, analyse and manage risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle, escalating them when required
NB: Due to the nature of Datactics’ contracts you may be asked to go through government security clearance.
Working at Datactics
Our employee benefits package includes private health insurance, training allowances and a shared bonus pool. But more than this, we place huge importance on cohesion between all areas of the company so that we can work quickly, efficiently and deliver the best possible experience for our clients and staff. Everyone you work with has grown with the company in the same way, so will be on hand to help! This means that in time you’ll be just as able to help others in using our tools and processes.
- A track record of engaging with stakeholders and developing relationships with clients
- Experience of planning delivery services in a previous role
- Experience of creating and maintaining documentation, using MS tools such as Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keenness to start or progress a career within project management
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills
- An appreciation and knowledge of technology services delivery
- Capable of influencing and driving change, internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously & lead parts of a project when required
- A continuous improvement mindset and a natural willingness to improve processes
- Experience of managing multiple activities in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about organisation and attention to detail
- Effective team player
- Excellent use of English is essential as the vast majority of meetings will be conducted in English. We have a really diverse team, with many languages spoken, so any additional languages are always a bonus.