We’re looking for a full-stack developer to help us build the next set of features for our SamsonCORE product.
SamsonVT's mission is to enable manufacturers of all sizes to have access to accurate and timely information as soon as they need it.
Who you are
- We’re looking for a full-stack developer to help us build the next set of features for our SamsonCORE product. You should have commercial experience building web applications with React and AWS services including AWS Lambda, S3 and DynamoDB.
- SamsonVT is a young and growing company with offices in Manchester’s Northern Quarter. We build high quality software products to solve interesting problems for our clients in the industrial, manufacturing and automotive sectors.
- You’ll be working in a cross-functional team with a wealth of experience in development, product, UX, QA and agile (Scrum) delivery.
- We strive for friction-free development, with CI/CD pipelines building, testing and deploying our products. We care about clean code and use CloudFormation (with Serverless framework) to manage our infrastructure. We’re pragmatic and our policies and processes are light and flexible.
- This role is right for you if you excel at designing and building software, enjoy working collaboratively in an agile team, and would be comfortable evolving a serverless architecture in AWS.
What the job involves
- Designing and implementing software to deliver new product features
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code and tests
- Developing performant, secure and scalable API services
- Contributing to evolution of development practices and processes
- Essential Experience:
- At least 3 years of commercial experience with React and AWS services
- NoSQL and relational data modelling
- Experience designing REST APIs
- At least an RQF Level 5 qualification (e.g. HND, foundation degree) in a Computer Science discipline or an appropriate industry-recognised certification
- Good understanding of DevOps principles and experience of a modern CI/CD platform (e.g. CodeBuild, CircleCI)
- Desired Experience:
- Interest in 3d modelling, gaming or machine learning
- Understanding of cloud security best practices
- AWS developer certification
- Team Fit:
- Good communicator
- Engineering spirit (problem solver)
- Client-friendly (confident working directly with a customer)
- How did you do in lockdown? We appreciated the chance to concentrate on complex tasks uninterrupted at home (if we didn’t have to share the space) but really missed each other! It’s not just the way projects move along more quickly when you can solve a problem with your team around a table – it’s the social connections. The laughs. Comparing what’s bingeworthy on Netflix. Lifting up a colleague having a bad day
- So that’s why we’re a software company that doesn’t live exclusively behind a screen. We champion hybrid working and want people to join our team who believe equally in the value of some time at home and some time in the office