Delivery Managers are a crucial part of how Datactics delivers projects.
Delivery Managers are a crucial part of how we deliver projects, differentiate ourselves from our competitors and provide first class support to our clients. Powered by a limitless stream of coffee and tea, they can usually be found working on a wide variety of activities from across three broad areas:
- Development and delivery of Data Management and Data Quality initiatives to our customers
- Client support
- Leadership, mentoring and coaching of talented, passionate teams of Data Engineers
- Liaising with clients to gather functional requirements, leading on-site workshops and hosting online meetings
- Undertaking project development and delivery using Datactics proprietary software, Flow Designer, DQM[RZ1] & DQC
- Designing comprehensive reports that meet client reporting requirements to supplement data analysis projects using a variety of reporting tools (e.g., Qlik, PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Owns design, planning, estimation, testing, and coordination for team projects spanning multiple quarters.
- Coordinates with other teams on cross-cutting data quality issues.
- Substantially supports delivery from other data engineers on team.
- Takes responsibility for risks with their team’s work.
- Takes initiative to identify problems and propose team projects that resolve them.
- Consistently and efficiently delivers high quality systems involving multiple months of one or more teams' contribution.
- Makes an obvious positive impact on the entire company's technical trajectory.
- Coordinates with product management on product feature requests
- Resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Understands the broad architecture of data quality implementations.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large.
- Researches and proposes new technologies.
- Helping team members in best practices in using tools and processes
- Travelling as necessary to represent Datactics
- Makes others better through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Leads projects with multiple contributors.
- Identifies and proposes strategies to resolve technical problems affecting their team.
- Proposes projects and wins buy-in from stakeholders to support those projects.
- Determines methods and procedures used by the team.
- May prepare interview materials.
- Frequently sought out, across the company, for feedback, advice, and design reviews.
- Has led or mentored other data engineers.
- Has track record of leading team projects with multiple engineers.
- Has experience working on cross team projects.
NB: Due to the nature of Datactics contracts you may be asked to go through government security clearance.