Delivery Managers are a crucial part of how Datactics delivers projects, providing first class support to it's clients.
We are a fast-growing Belfast-based tech company, providing data quality and matching software to a growing number of international banks and to Government departments. Our software is sophisticated yet easy to use, and this is our key difference to the rest of the market: empowering business users to self-serve for data quality. We want to make it possible for banks and governments to have perfect data, fast, and without the nasty side-effects of chronic Excel addiction!
We identify our niche market as RegTech, the regulatory compliance side of Fintech, technology designed for and applied to the financial sector. Our expert engineering, development and commercial teams have many years of combined industry experience and, in response to customer demand and company growth, we are actively recruiting a Delivery Manager to join us on our adventure.
The Role: Delivery Manager - FinTech
Delivery Managers are a crucial part of how we deliver projects, differentiate ourselves from our competitors and provide first class support to our clients. Powered by a limitless stream of coffee and tea, they can usually be found working on a wide variety of activities from across three broad areas:
- Development and delivery of Data Management and Data Quality initiatives to our customers
- Client support
- Leadership, mentoring and coaching of talented, passionate teams of Data Engineers
- Liaising with clients to gather functional requirements, leading on-site workshops and hosting online meetings
- Undertaking project development and delivery using Datactics proprietary software, Flow Designer, DQM[RZ1] & DQC
- Designing comprehensive reports that meet client reporting requirements to supplement data analysis projects using a variety of reporting tools (e.g., Qlik, PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Owns design, planning, estimation, testing, and coordination for team projects spanning multiple quarters.
- Coordinates with other teams on cross-cutting data quality issues.
- Substantially supports delivery from other data engineers on team.
- Takes responsibility for risks with their team’s work.
- Takes initiative to identify problems and propose team projects that resolve them.
- Consistently and efficiently delivers high quality systems involving multiple months of one or more teams' contribution.
- Makes an obvious positive impact on the entire company's technical trajectory.
- Coordinates with product management on product feature requests
- Resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Understands the broad architecture of data quality implementations.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large.
- Researches and proposes new technologies.
- Helping team members in best practices in using tools and processes
- Travelling as necessary to represent Datactics
- Makes others better through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring.
- Leads projects with multiple contributors.
- Identifies and proposes strategies to resolve technical problems affecting their team.
- Proposes projects and wins buy-in from stakeholders to support those projects.
- Determines methods and procedures used by the team.
- May prepare interview materials.
- Frequently sought out, across the company, for feedback, advice, and design reviews.
- Has led or mentored other data engineers.
- Has track record of leading team projects with multiple engineers.
- Has experience working on cross team projects.
NB: Due to the nature of Datactics contracts you may be asked to go through government security clearance.
Working at Datactics
Our employee benefits package includes private health insurance, training allowances and a shared bonus pool. But more than this, we place huge importance on cohesion between all areas of the company so that we can work quickly, efficiently and deliver the best possible experience for our clients and staff. Everyone you work with has grown with the company in the same way, so will be on hand to help! This means that in time you’ll be just as able to help others in using our tools and processes.
We pride ourselves on being inclusive and diverse, as we believe these are two of the biggest contributors behind our talented team of circa. 50 people. In fact, we have 13 different nationalities and 40% of female team members which has led to being awarded the Waters Technology ‘Best Company for Diversity and Inclusion’ in 2020.