An excellent opportunity for a part time Finance Manager to join the Artus team where you will support the Chief Finance Officer in bookkeeping, accounts and payroll administration. You will also help our Sales and Project staff to post invoices and set up bank payments.
Do you have 5+ years’ experience working in a small but fast growth, b2b hardware company or similar? Do you have a good grasp of numbers and financial processes? Are you looking for part time work to fit in with your other commitments and work / life balance?
We are a rapidly expanding, exciting company who have designed and developed a patent-protected, specialist product that is on track to revolutionise the way buildings are cooled and heated. We aim to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions and lead positive change within the HVAC industry. Significant sales growth is planned for the next five years targeting commercial, residential, and high-precision environments.
On offer is a part time Finance Manager position where you will have the flexibility to set the times of your working hours with the team to fit in with your other commitments. You will be the first port of call for all inbound financial enquiries and work closely with the CFO on the main financial administration tasks necessary to run the business. This will involve a wide range of tasks like VAT returns, import duty requirements, managing employee expense claims, the calculation of sales commission and so on. You will also support the sales and project teams to raise invoices to customers and place purchase orders on our suppliers.
This position would suit an individual who has experience working in a b2b, hardware sales business or a small company who is growing fast. The ideal candidate will have an interest in joining an exciting, innovative company and the ability to support our finance function in the hours you have to give.
The position is evolutionary. The list below is indicative of the current activities we need support with:
- Generating and posting purchase orders, checking and processing supplier invoices as well as sales invoices.
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure procurement and sales procedures are followed.
- Maintaining accurate customer & supplier records on the accounting and CRM systems
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Recommending invoices for payment and ensuring payment terms and invoice terms are adhered to
- First point of call for all inbound finance queries
- First line debt collection
- Completion of VAT returns and dealing with HMRC import duty requirements.
- Managing employee expense claims
- Ensuring time and attendance records are accurately maintained
- Calculation of sales commissions payable
- Subject to experience, managing all aspects of payroll under guidance
Subject to experience, and not essential:
- Taking the draft monthly management accounts through to initial trial balance stage. Experience of preparing first draft management accounts preferred but not essential
- Additional responsibility for pensions & payroll
10-15 hours per week with a preference to be available each day albeit the amount of time on a given day is flexible.
- 5+ years in a similar role in a similar size and stage of company
- Experience of Xero preferred but not essential
- Positive can-do attitude and a natural problem solver
- A self-starter that is not afraid to ask when unsure but equally comfortable taking responsibility
- Good verbal and written communication skills