Adaptix is looking for a Test Lead to join its team at an exciting time as Adaptiox transfers its world-leading technology from R&D to manufacture and brings its products to market.
We are looking for a Test Lead to join us at an exciting time as we transfer our world-leading technology from R&D to manufacture and bring our products to market. You will have an unrivalled opportunity to develop cutting edge technology which will revolutionise healthcare options for millions.
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills and creativity to significantly impact company technology.
Medical imaging helps patients by enabling early and accurate diagnosis. However, 2D X-rays can be inconclusive as they give a fundamentally limited view of our 3D bodies. 3D images are possible with CT scanners but these are much expensive, give a high dose of radiation and moving a critically ill patient to a scanner can be labour-intensive and risky.
At Adaptix we are helping make 3D imaging more accessible to the people who need it by producing mobile flat-panel X-ray systems that can be brought to patients giving low-cost, low-dose imaging.
As our ideal candidate, you have a minimum qualification of an undergraduate degree in a science-based discipline and experience of working in product design verification testing, ideally of medical products. You have experience in working with requirements management tools that provide traceability of tests back to requirements.
We are looking for a hands-on person who can plan and lead the testing but is also capable and willing to get involved in the testing as well.
We would welcome applications from people accustomed to working in open agile environments, and who are confident to make design decisions and take ownership for the execution of their work.
You care about being able to demonstrate with confidence that components and systems meet their requirements; testing will include hardware and software elements of the complete medical product.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Participating in the generation of product requirement specifications to ensure that requirements are written in a way that they can be easily tested and verified
- Working with the Engineering team in the preparation of Test specifications using our requirements management tool Orcanos
- Working with project managers in the planning and supervision of testing
- Preparing test reports
- Working with our configuration management tool JIRA to modify test documentation as required
- Testing image processing and reconstruction algorithms
- Testing ancillary control and monitoring software
- Working with developers to improve the quality of our software
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of testing hardware and software in a medical device environment, or other highly regulated industry
- Working knowledge of ISO13485, ISO14971, IEC62304 and IEC60601
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication with an eagerness to learn from, and share knowledge with, colleagues
- Ability to achieve project delivery deadlines in an agile environment
- Experience of successfully scoping work, making design decisions and completing tasks within budget and to deadline
- High level of computer literacy and ability to organize and analyse scientific test results
Desirable skills and experience
- Proficiency with scripting languages (preferably Python)
- Experience with effective test automation